If we had a penny for every time we’ve been asked the question “how often should I blog?” we wouldn’t quite be millionaires, but our pockets would definitely be pretty jangly.
The short answer is: “as often as you can”.
To give you the long answer, we’ve drawn on a couple of surveys from Hubspot. Here’s an idea of what you can expect to achieve when you update your blog frequently:
• Increasing your blog posts from 3-5 per month to 6-8 per month can almost double your leads.
• If your business blogs 15 times or more per month, you can generate a massive 5 times more web traffic than your competitors who aren’t blogging.
• Posting between 21 and 50 blogs a month, rather than 20 or fewer can generate a 45% uplift in traffic.
• If you have more than 200 blog articles in your archives, you could attract 5 times the number of leads as those with 10 or fewer.
• The more often you update your blog, the more likely you are to acquire customers from it. Only 43% of blogs that add new content less than once a month manage to convert readers into customers, compared with 78% that post fresh content every day.
The only caveat to this ‘more is more’ approach is to ensure that, however often you’re posting, your content is always engaging, sharable, and genuinely helpful to your user. Filling your blog with sub-standard, low quality content won’t bring you an audience – or any brownie points from Google – but posting helpful, intelligent content as often as you can will likely bring you the results that you desire.