10 ways to write really bad web copy
1. Use the words “we” and “our” instead of “you” and “your”.
2. Waffle on about “providing a top class service” without actually spelling out what you do.
3. Don’t bother to include keywords in your titles, copy and anchor text.
4. Put fake testimonials on your home page (or anywhere, for that matter).
5. Add unnecessary text just to stuff it full of keywords.
6. Make spelling mistakes.
7. Concentrate on your competitors’ flaws rather than your company’s attributes.
8. Use elaborate words and long sentences just to try and sound clever.
9. Put your most helpful articles and advice behind a log-in screen.
10. Design your website so your users can’t easily navigate from one piece of information to another.